Open Water Diver
Thank you for choosing to dive with Sandy Beach Dive Centre. This is an entry level diver certification, PADI Open Water Diver. This is a fun course where you will be introduced to scuba diving knowledge and skills. You will be led by one of our experienced instructors.
Internationally recognized: 18m with a buddy, 12m junior
Knowledge Development: 14 hours online learning
Practical application duration: 3-4 days
- Minimum Age: 15 years, 10 years junior
- Basic Swimming Skills
- Medically Fit – See Medical Form —————>
The PADI Open Water Diver Course consists of three main phases:
1. Knowledge development - Follow the e-learning link ------>
- You will learn the necessary knowledge to scuba diving safely and enjoy your diving experiences.
2. Confined Water - Pool dives
- 5 pool sessions with one of our PADI instructors usually completed in one day
- You will be introduced to basic scuba skills. You will practice and have fun in the pool.
- All dive equipment is provided during the course
3. Open Water - Ocean Dives from the shore and boat
- 2 Open water dives on our local reefs lead by your instructor.
9:00 – 15:00
Paperwork / Swims / Confined Water 1,2
9:00 – 15:00
Confined Water 3,4,5
9:00 – 12:00 OR 13:30 – 17:30
Open Water 1 & 2 (Snoopy Island Shore Dives)
9:00 – 12:30 OR 13:30 – 17:30
Open Water 3 & 4 (Boat Dives – meeting time is 1 hour before)
– Swim Clothes
– Sun Cream
– Warm clothes for the winter months